A more sustainable beef industry
Tackling climate change needs collective action. With the global population expected to grow by 25% by 2050, and the demand for protein growing as incomes rise, the beef industry has a huge opportunity to make a positive impact by scaling more sustainable practices. By working alongside farmers and ranchers and in partnership with industry peers, Cargill is advancing creative solutions and good conservation practices to transform the industry, for good.
With an ambitious goal to reduce beef emissions in their North American supply chain by 30% by 2030, Cargill approached Flag to help them raise awareness and foster collective action. Our task? Help engage audiences on how Cargill is leading the industry through their BeefUp Sustainability programme.
Flag developed a bold messaging and a visual identity that would inspire engagement with Cargill’s BeefUp Sustainability programme, focus-testing them with key stakeholders to ensure they resonated.
To house this messaging and share Cargill’s story more widely, Flag created an emotive anthem video and easily navigated, eye-catching digital hub. We also delivered a suite of launch materials, including strategic communication plans to reach target audiences and various other assets, like:
- digital adverts, social media visuals and a full-page print advert
- customer-facing employee toolkit
- a progress spotlight brochure
- customer sustainable grazing tour brochures and co-branded customer gifts
- updated Cargill HQ office signage and wall art installations
- tradeshow pop-up banners.
The result was a bespoke collection of engaging assets which generated over 5 million media impressions in just seven weeks. Partnerships announced during the launch were covered by media outlets like SmartBrief on Sustainability and Foodmarket News. And, through programme collaborations, BeefUp Sustainability has already helped some Cargill customers meet their own sustainability goals.
What we did
- Communications strategy and consultancy.
- Creative campaign concept, visual identity and messaging.
- Focus-group testing.
- Video concept and production.
- Digital strategy, build and design.
- Digital and print advertisements.
- Social media content.
- In-office signage and installations.
- Project management.
Cargill is a global provider of food, agriculture, and financial and industrial products and service. With 155,000 employees in 70 countries and regions, Cargill aims to feed the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving communities.