Our culture is one of innovation, learning and camaraderie. Would you like to join our team?
Flag could be the place for you if you’re looking for:
- a down-to-earth, friendly and supportive team
- a nurturing culture where development and learning are encouraged
- an organisation that values high standards and attention to detail
- an agency that’s growing
- a chance to form strong client relationships.
It’s a fast-paced environment, but it’s one in which our people thrive. So if you have a passion for creativity, innovation and quality, and experience in delivering best-in-class communications, we would love to hear from you.
Head of Account Direction
This is a critical management role – at the centre of the Flag business. The role will line manage and lead a team of account directors and account executives based in the UK and US.
- Continuously developing Flag’s knowledge and offer in the sustainability space, including recruitment of talented experts and uncovering and developing opportunities.
- Resourcing and overseeing all account direction roles.
- Leading the team for revenue and efficient growth.
- Line management, including coaching and support, identification of relevant training and other opportunities, and regular performance reviews.
- Contributing to the management team as the representative of account direction.
The right person will have a consultancy/agency background with several years in the account direction role and knowledge of sustainability reporting and communications. Critically, they will have a progressive and innovative outlook and be up for an exciting new challenge.
This is a full-time role with London as the home office. Remuneration commensurate with experience.
Media Relations Specialist
NYC (or US-based telework)
Six-month contract (maternity cover) with possibility for long term, pending team fit and business needs. Start January 2020.
We are looking for a Media Relations Specialist (with 2–4 years’ experience) to join our sustainability media relations team. The ideal candidate will be someone who is passionate about developing strong relationships with media and journalists to deliver impactful coverage for clients.
The candidate should have a background in generating media coverage related to sustainability and CSR work. Experience in promoting sustainability reports, data releases and sustainable product launches is a plus.
- Develop relevant, timely and engaging story narratives
- Follow the news cycle and trends to ensure we’re inserting clients into story opportunities in strategic and culturally relevant ways
- Proactively identify media themes that could impact a client’s reputation
- Represent the agency and clients with journalists and influencers to illicit positive, productive and purposeful coverage (primarily via email and phone outreach)
- Draft key messaging and story narratives (pitches, media alerts, press releases, social media content, etc.) to positively position clients and educate media on the client’s point of view
- Contribute to campaign measurement and evaluation criteria
- Prepare timely team and client updates on all stages of project execution
- Conduct media research
- Experience working with consumer clients/brands on CSR/sustainability initiatives
- Journalistic instincts and skills in uncovering and developing stories
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills, with keen attention to detail
- Work well across various teams and talent communities; able to multi-task
- Minimum: bachelor's degree
Contact us at email@example.com.
Sustainability Account Director
We are looking for an account director with at least two years’ experience in leading sustainability reporting and communications projects to cover the AD role from February 2020 for six months. Flag has an office in NYC; however, our clients are based across the US and we have many remote workers.
The ideal candidate will be:
- an expert in international frameworks and standards, including the GRI, SASB and SDGs
- familiar with materiality assessments and stakeholder engagement processes
- experienced in leading both client and internal teams to produce outstanding reports and communications
- able to create and maintain strong relationships with clients and colleagues
- experienced in identifying, pursuing and converting new business opportunities, including leading presentations and pitches.
Remuneration based on experience. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
As part of our ISO 9001-accredited quality management system, we check every piece of work that passes through our building. To help us, we are always interested in hearing from proofreaders in the Cambridge area to support our in-house team on an ad hoc basis. All our readers work on the full range of Flag’s projects and must be able to operate effectively in a fast-paced agency environment. Excellent grammar, spelling and punctuation are essential.
Please note: we are not seeking to fill a specific vacancy.
- established freelance proofreader with excellent references
- familiarity with corporate/business publications
- used to reading copy for both print and online
- used to working to different house style guidelines.
- demonstrable proofreading/copyediting skills
- knowledge of proofreading marks
- an eye for detail, accuracy and consistency
- ability to manage own time and workload
- experience of reading both UK and US English preferred.
Contact us at email@example.com.
Any personal contact details you send to us may be kept for future reference. If you do not wish us to keep your details on file, please let us know and they will be deleted.