We help our clients be better. We’re also committed to improving ourselves.
Here are some of the ways in which we do that.
Diversity, equity and inclusion
Our team is as diverse in talent and skills as they are in gender, race, age, sexual orientation and ability.
While we are diverse, we still have a distance to go to fully reflect the diversity in the communities where we live – in London, New York and beyond.
We are consciously learning about the part Flag can play to create and give opportunity. So everyone, including minority and marginalised communities, can have the opportunities our team members do.
And we will strongly encourage our suppliers and partners to do the same.
Sustainability at Flag
We’ve worked in sustainable communications since 1998; so sustainability is not only close to our heart, it’s something that underpins everything we do.
We regard sustainable development as a key priority for all organisations, and our biggest impact is working with companies to help them to manage, measure and communicate sustainable business practices.
How we work
We recognise that the sale, design and production of communication materials impact on society and the environment. We limit this through:
- working at least 50% remotely with a fully cloud-based server system
- avoiding unnecessary daily commutes and business travel
- limiting the use of office printers and recommending environmentally sound printers, papers and inks for our products
- regularly reviewing our suppliers to ensure their performance meets our required standards; this includes assessing their environmental and ethical credentials as well as costs, ability to meet deadlines, quality and service levels
- proactively looking for ways we can reduce the impact of our projects
- promoting a happy, efficient working environment: we have flexible working arrangements, promote training and career development for our employees, and celebrate our successes as a team
- supporting our communities: we hire local people, provide work experience and placement opportunities to local young people and source services locally where available
- we also raise money for, and awareness of, charities; for example, Macmillan coffee mornings in the UK.
We aim to continually improve our direct and indirect impacts on the environment and society.